Wednesday, April 3, 2013

zoo day

We've had big plans to go to the zoo during our spring break with my sil and her kids.  After an emergency room visit with her youngest Sunday night we had to reschedule for Wednesday only to have her middle get a stomach bug.  Sadness abounded.  Micah actually said "Why are all these bad things happening?"  This was probably a perfect time to talk about sin and living in a fallen world and not deserving anything but death BUT I didn't and we decided to go it alone instead :)

Micah, Connor, Logan, snacks, drinks, a lunch and I got in the car and drove to a crowded and breezy zoo and had an absolutely blast!  But we did miss you Jess I promise!

We saw...

 an armadillo lookin thing in a special presentation
the two tiger brothers who grow faster than my boys
the fantastic flight bird show which was awesomely informative and pretty funny
a smelly elephant house
the rhino, zebras, giraffes, lion, gorillas, orangutans, naked mole rats, black mamba, python, red panda (for the first time) children's zoo and some other stuff I'm sure

We also rode the carousel which all three were excited about until Connor sat on top of the cheetah and freaked out which made Logan freak out which meant I sat with those two in a bench on the carousel while Micah sat on an 'up and down' animal for the first time alone!  

Last we rode the train and M and C sat in the caboose for the first time and I bought them cotton candy (which I never do) because they were all just so darn good all day. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment