Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"M"elmo

When I was young I LOVED Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. There's just something warm and fuzzy about those two programs. I actually cried the day Mr. Rogers died. He did so much for kids during his lifetime. Very cool guy! Anyway Micah and I have gotten in the habit of snuggling on the couch every morning and watching Sesame Street after he wakes up. I don't know what it was about yesterday, but he suddenly got real excited when Elmo's World came on during the show and just started saying Melmo Melmo and pointing to the screen. So cute!

After it was over and I had turned the TV off we went to the back of the house to do whatever it is you do in the mornings and while I was making the bed I heard the TV come back on (I'm still not sure how he did that) and then heard him run to find me. When he saw me he tilted his head and asked Melmo? So cute again!! So off we went to Target to find an Elmo's World dvd. We will be purchasing the rest through ebay or Amazon, but he was just so cute asking for Melmo that I wanted to get one that day.

After our successful Elmo's World search we came home and I popped it in the dvd player...immediate excitement. I captured a few pictures of him staring at his beloved Melmo and wanted to share them with you all.
Isn't he just too cute!

**He just finished watching the video again today and has now starting picking out Dorothy ("fish") and Mr. Noodle ("noole")! Such a smarty!

1 comment:

  1. We have the same dvd. It is such a hit. We have it in the dvd player in the car...by the way, is Mr. Noodle new? I don't remember him from our days..haha!

    ReplyDelete