Monday, December 7, 2009

ornaments part 1

I'm on the laptop right now and since I am not a very proficient laptop user I don't want to try and organize these pictures. Therefore they are not in any kind of order which is going to drive me a little bit crazy but I'll try to get over it :)

This is a vacation ornament. Zach and I visited the Biltmore House during my birthday trip to Asheville, NC in 2007. Micah was 9 months old and this trip was our first time away from him. This ornament is a replica (smaller of course) of the official Vanderbilt Family china.


This is picture has two vacation ornaments in it. In the foreground is an ornament of the Ryman Auditorium. Last December we, along with the Moons, went to see Andrew Peterson's Behold the Lamb of God concert there. Words can not describe how AMAZING that show is.
In the background there is a lime green and pink easter egg. During Spring Break of 2006(right before I got pregnant with Micah) Zach and I spent a long weekend in Savannah/Tybee Island. We LOVED Savannah!! We have tried going back since then but it hasn't happened yet. We are hoping to take the boys there next summer because neither of them have played on the beach either and we could do both!


This is Micah's first Christmas Ornament. We made it at a paint your own pottery place. We wanted a round ornament with his handprint on it but his hands were SO BIG the ornaments wouldn't fit it all! We are actually going again this weekend to make one for Connor!


In October 2006 Zach went to the Oracle Conference in San Francisco. I wanted to go with him SO BADLY but 5 months pregnant and trying to save all my days for maternity leave. Zach had a blast and remembered to bring an ornament home from the trip. I think a trolley car was definitely the perfect choice. We are actually planning a 6thish anniversary trip to go back. Hopefully Mimi or Nana will be willing to watch the boys for us :)


This was our family Christmas ornament from 2005. Zach and I went to eat at The Blue Willow Inn in Oxford, GA. SO YUMMY! They had a cute little gift shop and this little church stood out to us both. It's country just like the surrounds of the restaurant and we loved you could attach it to a light to make it glow. This is the first ornament Micah looks at each morning. I guess he likes the glow too!

No comments:

Post a Comment