Tuesday, June 22, 2010

10 years

This past weekend we attended my 10 year reunion. Yes I (and Zach too just at a different school) were members of the amazing class of 2000!! I always thought when my reunion came around I'd feel so old, but I didn't. I felt like a young adult, amazingly content with her blessed life, ready to face both friends (and a few foes), show off my hott husband, my adorable kids, and catch up with friends.

We had a three different events. Night one was a meet and greet at the Rawl's Hotel. Basically we sat in a back room, ate food, talked and listened to an overview about our new high school that is opening this next school year. Our previous high school was destroyed in a tornado in 2007.

The next day we met at the park to eat lunch and see/show off our children. It was RIDICULOUSLY HOT!! We stayed for about an hour and half and only survived that long because the boys ate cup after cup of ice. As usual everyone was very impressed by the blondness of the boys hair.

Saturday night was the official reunion. It was called the Black and White Classy Affair and somehow I never assumed this meant you were supposed to wear black and white. I asked specifically when we got the invite and was told you could wear any color but every time I talked to someone about it they said they were wearing black. I got a little panicky two days before we were supposed to leave but didn't have time to search for anything and finally bought something online. When it finally arrived it hit mid thigh while standing up and a lot higher when sitting down. I gave up and wore blue. Thankfully there were at least a few more girls in 'non black' dresses as well! Zach and I ended up having a good time despite the color of my dress. We enjoyed a few cocktails (malibu bay breeze = YUM O!), hit up the dance floor, and talked a lot. I think Zach had longer conversations than I did with people there which I thought was awesome. I loved looking over and seeing him being involved with my past and enjoying himself.





I did come away from the event with a few observations however. There were a lot of people who didn't want to talk to anyone else. They were content to talk to only those they always see and basically ignore everyone else's presence. Honestly this baffled me A TON! I guess in my head I thought well why wouldn't everyone want to see what other's were up to and see how they've changed, who've they become and basically just what they're like ten years later. It made me thankful for the friends because besides the fact that they love me and are truly interested in what I like, believe, etc. they reach out to others as well.

Growing up I always assumed I'd be one to stay close to marry someone I'd known forever, move back home and be involved in that hometown. But I am beyond grateful that the plan's God had for me were quite the opposite.

2 comments:

  1. I think your dress is gorgeous! I'm glad that you had a great time to catch up with people from your past. I'm sure everyone thought you had the two cutest little blonde boys they had evr seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun Fun fun!! You looked beautiful!

    ReplyDelete