Saturday, June 26, 2010

jupiter, fl: travel and house

Last Sunday we made the long drive to Jupiter, FL to spend a week at the beach with Zach's family. It was an 8 hour drive with an hour and a half of stop time in the mix. The boys did exceptionally well on the trip. I was shocked actually. I had been expecting the absolute worse. Connor spent the majority of the trip (in between naps) DESTROYING his seat with cheerios, bubbles and anything else I handed him, but he was entertained and happy. Micah read a little and drew a little but honestly when driving with kids this age having a DVD player is just the way to go. They watched one movie and ALOT of monkeys (aka curious george) for about half of the trip which is just fine with me. They're two young to understand any kind of car games so between screaming craziness a little tv time I'll probably pick tv any day of the week :)

We got to Jupiter around 7:30 Sunday evening, met up with the rest of the family and drove to the house. Now I want to pre apologize if the remainder of this post seems boastful. This is not my intention. I am just honestly astounded by the absolute amazing generosity of the owner of the home we stayed in and want to remember it. Zach's grandmother, Mimi or Grand mimi to the boys, had a friend who offered us his vacation home for FREE. Yes I said free! He married his wife in 2001 and had the house built for her. They were married for 6 years before he lost her to cancer and since then has put the house on the market but let's people just use it in the mean time. We had the privilege to meet him on our last day there and he was the kindest man. He reminded me of a christian version of Carl Reiner in Ocean's 11. Same face, same clothes but different language! Every other word was God bless you, Praise Him, and my dears.

Here's a peek into our temporary beach home :)


front of the house
formal living room
dining room
master bath
backyard pool
back of the house

No comments:

Post a Comment