Saturday, December 4, 2010

christmas crafts



Lots of Christmas craftiness has been going on this year, and I have a little bit more to go. I finished the decorations I have been planning since last December and have 2 or 3 presents I'm making this year as well.

1) Advent Calendar- Zach and I wanted to start an advent calendar last year but I never could figure out what kind I wanted. I found a magnetic one online so I recreated it with some old premier jewelry boxes and scrapbook paper. Each day when Zach gets home from work Micah finds the right box, he calls them his special boxes, and opens it. Inside is 2 pieces of candy (one for Micah and one for Connor) and an activity for the day. So far we have gotten out our Christmas toys, decorated the tree, watched Polar Express and gone to a Christmas parade.



2) Coffee Filter Wreath- These are ALL OVER the blogs I read and super cheap and easy to make. When we painted the kitchen I decided a white fluffy wreath would look great on the wall! If you make one, just remember to be patient!


3) Ornament Wreath- This one is my absolutely favorite thing I've ever made. I saw them last year, though I'm sure they've been around for awhile, and knew I wanted to try to make it. I bought ornaments on 75% after Christmas sales at Target last year and saved them specifically for this. Unfortunately I ran out of ornaments 2/3 of the way through but the Dollar Tree saved me and you have to look hard to see where the new ones have been filled in.


2 comments:

  1. I love all your craftiness! The coffee filter wreath is awesome - I've never seen one before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! I have seen the coffee filter wreaths with plastic bags and like them very much. The calendar turned out great and so the the ornament wreath. I should have come in to see everything today in person.

    ReplyDelete