Tuesday, December 21, 2010

ornaments

Our tree has no theme unless you count a random supply of ornaments gathered from various trips, gifts and christmasses a theme :) Last year I shared some pictures and memories from some of our ornaments and thought I'd do it again this year. I'm pretty sure me and my mom are the only ones who cared! If you are one of the ones who does not, feel free to click to the next blog on your list and come back when cute pictures of the boys are back ;)

This ceramic leaf ornament was purchased on our visit to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens earlier this year. It was such a fun place to go to and I am hoping we will make it again in the spring. We are planning to go on Earth Day again because they admission was half price! and they had lots of extra activities for kids.

Every year my brothers and sisters and I received a special ornament just for us. Last year the boys painted theirs but this year they picked some out. Connor pointed to the Elmo almost immediately.

Micah has been more than a little enamored with The Polar Express this year and asked for a bell ornament. We couldn't find an ornament so we bought a bell and put a hook on it. He was plenty pleased with it.

We had to commemorate our first trip to Louisiana with a Fleur de Lis!

In honor of Zach and my getaway to Colorado we bought a silver filigree Aspen leaf.

This random cactus was given to Zach by my mom for his yearly ornament a few years ago. It was silly at the time but since we are going to Arizona in a few short weeks to see our first ever real cactus (and of course the Nat'l Championship game) it felt worthy to share!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy seeing your ornaments too! Our tree is just like yours - no theme, just special ornaments, a lot from when I was growing up!

    ReplyDelete