Wednesday, December 12, 2012

san diego: day 2

I spent the morning of Day 2 which also happened to be my 31st birthday sitting at Starbucks with some tea and reading for two hours.  That would have been enough right there.  Then I went shopping in the Gaslamp District, ate lunch at a little French bistro and then met Zach after his conference for some sight seeing.

We ended up renting a car for 24 hours which was way cheaper then taking taxis, trolleys, and buses everywhere and a lot faster too.  Our first stop was the Mission because I had seen pictures of the outside numerous times and thought it would be cool to see in person.  It was a very short visit due to the rain but it was beautiful.  We also ran into some Frenchies who were there visiting as well so Zach got to show off his bilingual skills.









The sun set pretty early there, around 4:30, so we headed straight to Point Loma to get before, during, and after sunset pictures.  Such is my life with Zach May :)  On the way we saw a this way to Los Angeles sign on the interstate which we both thought was pretty cool.  Definitely don't see that in the ATL.



Point Loma was GORGEOUS.  The cliffs and rocks with the water and sun just made for an absolutely beautiful experience.  We sat and stared appreciating the beauty and the fact that we were able to sit alone and see it.  









After sunset we happened across an entire street full of fun shops and antique stores.  JACKPOT!!! We glanced in one really quickly and I found my signature piece of travelling milk glass and an antique kettle bell that I bought for some friends because they are the only people I know in the world who would appreciate such a thing.  I did however make plans to drive (alone!) there the next morning to look around at all the places while Zach finished his last day of the conference.  The next morning I didn't find what I wanted for two of the best friends ever but I did find some fun books for the boys, thank you gifts for my mama for watching the boys and some marble book ends for Zach's nightstand.



Next we headed for my birthday dinner at In-N-Out!  Yummo!!  Before we headed back to the hotel we drove through Balboa Park.  It was dark so we didn't get out but we saw enough to know we HAVE to go back one day.




Day 3 of San Diego was a mixture of shopping, eating and plane riding.  We made it back to Atlanta at 6:30 am and back to our house at 9 am.  Just in time to get everything finished up for Logan's birthday party.  I am so so thankful to have had this fun and relaxing birthday trip.  It's the last time I can get away with not spending the day with my birthday buddy for quite sometime which actually won't be that bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment