Friday, December 14, 2012

advent

It's been a fun and full Christmas season so far, exhausting too but that's pretty typical around my house lately so I can't blame December for that one.  My house has been a mishmash of decoration and craft projects along with the typical mess three boys leave in their wake.  I love an excuse to ignore most of my household duties and make crafty gifts though :)  Eating my weight in puppy chow hasn't been too shabby either.

This is our third year doing advent boxes and the boys are loving it again.  Micah and Connor take turns each morning opening the box and it's so cool that Micah can read the activity inside instead of me reading it to him.  So far we have...

*made gingerbread cutout cookies
*drank hot chocolate while watching Frosty the Snowman
*watched Charlie Brown's Christmas
*watched Arthur's Christmas
*colored Christmas cards
*played the Gingerbread man dice game (best pinterest activity I've ever done!  We LOVE it and have played almost every night since the first night!)
*gone to a Christmas parade
*made Gingerbread Christmas trees
*played with magic snow dust a.k.a powdered 'instasnow'
*written our Christmas lists
*made cheerio bird feeders
*gone to scoops on the square and to see the big Christmas tree
*built a fire and roasted marshmallows
*opened the first present of Christmas (their Christmas jammies)
 and we still have some of my favorite activities left to come which include gatherings with some of my favorite people in the entire world.

We've also been doing the Jesse tree again this year and have kept up with it so far which is a BIG plus over last year when we started it late and made it about halfish way through.  The older age of children definitely helps with this :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I just printed the Gingerbread dice game - we'll be playing that tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete