Friday, May 24, 2013

kindergarten celebration

My Micah May is a grader....seriously!  I still can't believe it's not him who is still in the crib calling for me in the mornings and ready to snuggle on the couch to watch monkey.  And now I'm crying just thinking about it.

Today we went to school to see Micah's Kindergarten Celebration program.  It was adorable!  They sang three songs and did a poem.  Micah had been practicing for me in the car.  My favorite was the one set to the tune of Summer Nights from Grease.  It was a much more appropriate song than the original though ;-)

One of the songs they did was a rap and Micah got to be one of the beat box guys.  He was pretty pumped about it!

The best part though was how my shy don't look at me boy strode right up to the principal, looked him straight in the eye and shook his hand when his name was called.  He has grown in confidence so much this year and it makes me smile.

Before he started Kindergarten I wasn't worried about how he'd learn or what if his teachers would teach him enough. I knew he'd do great and they would be great and if they weren't we'd figure it out at home.  All I wanted was for him to find friends who would love and encourage him and teachers who would love him for who he was.  Ms. Corbett and Mrs. Clemons were wonderful.  They truly adored my firstborn for who he was just like they did the rest of their kids.  He met some great new buddies and became a leader and positive example for his classmates.  

I am oh so proud of the person God has made my son and am continuing to pray that Micah will see and understand God's will for his life.

I love you my sweet FIRST GRADER!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment