Saturday, August 3, 2013

last day of summer

Last year on the last day of summer I let Micah pick a special outing to do.  This year I wanted to do the same thing but there was a lot going on that day so we just had to squeeze in a special playtime in between errands.  

We decided to go to the mall play area and then to the snack kiosk next to it and get a ring sucker.  It's been one of Micah's favorite things to do since he was two.  This was actually what we did on his 2nd birthday as a special treat just because he loved it so much.  

There were lots more kids there than usual but the boys had a great time playing and Logan only tried to run away once which is a pretty big deal.  I of course just stared at my boys the whole time close to tears as I saw how big and independent they are becoming.  Oh the curse of parenthood, you want to hold them so close yet you want to teach them how to grow and become the people God created them to be.







No comments:

Post a Comment