Sunday, July 6, 2014

sunday song

Or I guess I should have said in lieu of a sunday song

We just celebrated the anniversary of our country's independence two days ago.  I am very thankful for the place I live, the freedom I have and the courageous men and women who fought for it and continue to protect it.  

But there are billions of people who don't live in this country and never will, people who from the outside look as if they have no freedom, no rights, and no one who appears to even care, but they have a freedom that is above any other.

I'll always admit that my heart swells and goosebumps come up when I hear our national anthem but there is nothing that can fill my heart to overflowing more than the knowledge I have about my freedom in Christ.  The only freedom that is guaranteed to never diminish...


Psalm 118:5
In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. 

Psalm 119:32
I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free. 

Psalm 119:45
I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts. 

Luke 4:18-19 
The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to release the oppressed,
to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor. 

John 8:32
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. 

John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 

Galatians 5:1
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. 

Ephesians 3:12
In him [Christ] and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. 


No comments:

Post a Comment