Saturday, November 15, 2014

3s

I've had a birthday buddy now three years running.  Three years ago today I woke up in labor knowing that God does in deed continue to have a sense of humor as I realized that my milestone 30th birthday was going to be a bigger milestone than I thought.  Technically your "golden birthday" is when you turn the age of your birth date.  Even though there is always a twinge of something inside me as I have to share attention on November 15th, because I'm a great mom like that, celebrating 3 and 33 on the 3rd year of sharing a birthday with my 3rd son is actually a pretty cool thing.

There are many words I could use to describe Logan.  A few that come to mind are lovable, cuddly, funny, smiley, adventurous, courageous, talkative, and friendly.  However the adjective that soars above them all is crazy.  This child is CRAZY!  I mean that with all the love this mama can muster because I LOVE LOVE LOVE this boy but for real he's nuts.  He is climb up stuff, jump around, say the most random things, laugh at everything, talk your ear off, hide for no reason, say ridiculous words, knock you over, knock his brothers over, knock everything over, hug you and then punch you in love, call everyone poo poo man, C.R.A.Z.Y! 

He loves playing with Star Wars toys, cars, legos, swords and anything else his brothers are into.  He would spend hours letting you throw the ball so he could hit it and you'd get plenty of exercise because when he makes contact it's flying.  He loves Curious George, Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Wizard of Oz.  He's a great counter, knows all his shapes and colors, and actually recognizes some letter shapes if you can get him to sit still long enough to actually learn anything.  If you attempt anything artistic with him he'll end up painting himself or you instead but he'll build and rebuild and rebuild for however long you'll join him.  He is the pickiest eater and has the worst list of foods he'll eat but guaranteed if it's eggs, bread, pasta or cheese he's all about it.  However if it's a fruit besides strawberry applesauce or a vegetable of any kind it is a battle and a half just to have it on the plate.  If I make soup you might as well run for the hills because a war is coming.

Logan Zachary May added spice to our boy tribe.  He added patience to his brothers and more laughter to our hearts.  He came out owning his baby brother status and hasn't let anyone forget that he is here.  Each of my boys has a very specific trait that makes them them.  Traits that I can see being so useful and special in the Kingdom of God.  Micah has leadership and an ability to make others feel like a part of something.  Connor has sensitivity and a quiet caring that makes you feel especially loved when he turns his thoughts towards you.  Logan has an energy that can put a smile on your face in the darkest times like a flash of something that even if you're not fully paying attention you can still feel it.

We love our Logi Bear!









1 comment:

  1. That is the coolest thing! All the 3's. Your Logan sounds a lot like my Ezra who is two. Those pictures are stinkin' adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete