Wednesday, May 21, 2008

night of reflection

I am assuming Wednesdays are becoming my weekly night of reflection. I think more on Wednesdays (about things other than Micah, Zach and what goes along with them) than any other day. This is due to my women's group meetings mainly because people there just make you think. There is some guilt involved in the fact that I should be doing this kind of thinking on a daily basis, but baby steps!

There was a quote in the book we read that was so neat. Dorothy Day said I only love God as much as I love the person I love the least. So true if you stop to think about it. You are stifling your own love of God when you can't love those around you because you don't feel they deserve it (or a million other ways we use to justify our thoughts) Gods love is equal to us all and none of us deserve it! For those of you who know me well you are probably thinking that you know the name that pops into my head when I read this. You are probably right! But thank the Lord I am able to say God loves him so gosh darn it so will I, and in doing so my love for God will shine and He will be glorified!

You know when you read that quote someone IMMEDIATELY popped into your head. Think about that person and I pray you will be able to love them as God loves them so that your love can shine too!

No comments:

Post a Comment