Tuesday, June 10, 2008

lazy/unlazy days of summer

I don't know who teaches children how to act when summer comes around, but I want to thank them from the bottom of my heart. Micah has definitely gotten used to summertime and it's been fabulous so far. I on the other hand can't seem to sit still. I have a million different sewing/scrapbooking/decorating/play/outings in my head that I want to try and do. Oh well at least one of us is getting it.

Typical Summer Day

7:30 Micah turns his light on to let us know he is awake but is not quite ready to venture out into the day. Instead he rolls around in his crib, plays with blue bear, and throws his entire stash of pacifiers on the floor.

8ish Micah lets me know he is ready to get up by either yelling for me or banging on the wall! What ingenuity!
After rescuing him from his bed and changing the night diaper he sits on the couch with me lazily drinking his milk while we watch Sesame Street and dance (while sitting so more like head bobbing) to the music.

9:00 Breakfast time!! Micah makes a mess while eating a yummy breakfast!

Rest of Morning- After breakfast Micah usually heads straight to his chairs and begins pushing. I assume this is his morning workout! After about an hour of pushing, playing, following, etc. he comes to me and says "go" because he wants to go somewhere...anywhere and since I usually do my errands in the morning he's probably right. So off we go to a store, bank, or library.

11:30ish- By this time our little man is getting pretty hungry so he tries to climb into his high chair and keeps trying until I finally take pity on him and put him up there himself.

12:30- Nap time!!!

After nap and afternoon snack he is ready to run wild until Daddy gets home and then he runs even wilder!!!

7:00 Scrub off the days dirt!

8:00 Time to crash *Thankfully he is too young to realize it is still BROAD DAYLIGHT in Georgia at this time. We will be in trouble when he starts noticing!

I will post later about my unlazy days of summer. I have gotten a lot of fun things accomplished and read about a lot of other fun things I would like to accomplish. In the mean time I am having a great time watching my baby boy enjoy his first summer of childhood! I can't wait for the many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment