Friday, August 5, 2011

bleach shirts

Recently on pinterest I saw this idea to bleach shirts. There are lots of them out there and they are all cute but I thought this was a cool idea for Micah and Connor. We tried it out this afternoon. I printed out intials and words then cut them out then traced them on contact then cut those out and put them on the shirt. By the end of that I decided a silhouette is DEFINITELY in my future! Anyway we hung them up outside and bleached away. I really like the end result except that 1) I need to leave it on a little longer. I was so worried about it eating into the shirt that I might have washed it out to early and 2) I didn't stick Connor's initial on firmly enough so it didn't show up. Micah loved his initial shirt and the big brother shirts I made the boys are great too! I will definitely be trying this again with some different items too!









No comments:

Post a Comment