Thursday, September 4, 2014

30 Days of Prayer

Last year our church went through 30 Days of Prayer.  Each day our pastor sent us a different group to pray for, questions to think through, and ministries to consider for ourselves.

We just started another 30 Days of Prayer but this time praying through songs to go along with our, New Song theme.

Yesterdays song and prayer hit my heart hard, like tears streaming, hard so I wanted to share it.  

Hope you enjoy!

BEGONE UNBELIEF
TEXT:   John Newton, Kevin Twit
MUSIC:   Kevin Twit

1. Begone unbelief, My Savior is near,
And for my relief will surely appear:
By faith let me wrestle, with God in the storm
And help me my Savior, the faith to adorn
And help me my Savior, the faith to adorn

2. Though dark be my way, Since he is my guide,
'Tis mine to obey, and His to provide;
Though cisterns be broken, And creatures all fail,
The word he has spoken will surely prevail.
The word he has spoken will surely prevail.  (Chorus)

Chorus: Begone unbelief, The Savior is here (3x)
Though cisterns be broken And creatures all fail
The word he has spoken will surely prevail
The word he has spoken will surely prevail

3. Why should I complain, Of want or distress
Temptation or pain? He told me no less
The heirs of salvation, I know from his word
Through much tribulation Must follow their Lord
Through much tribulation Must follow their Lord (Chorus)

4. Since all that I meet will work for my good,
The bitter is sweet, The medicine food;
Though painful at present, will cease before long,
And then, O! how glorious, The conqueror's song!
And then, O! how glorious, The conqueror's song! (Chorus)

©2005 Kevin Twit Music (ASCAP). Used by permission. All rights reserved



Pray this New Song to the Lord – turn these lyrics into prayers.

Provider of all that is good I worship and celebrate you.
You and you alone are the source of all that my heart desires and craves.
Thank you Savior that you are here.
You are near - not because of anything I have done, but because you have loved me with redeeming love.
Thank you.

Expose the evil of my unbelief.  Reveal to my heart again how offensive and wrong it is for me to seek solutions from other things while you are standing right beside me offering full and abundant life.

When I am in the storm of temptation, give me more faith
Be my guide when the way is dark and cloudy. Help me to obey and accept what you provide.
Help me to remember that my cisterns of self-satisfaction and the things people provide will fail to satisfy me.
Help me to remember that your word is my guide to true blessing.

You told me that trials would come, forgive me for whining and abandoning you in order to bring myself sinful comfort.
Remind me that I am an heir of salvation.
Give me deeper assurance that you are working trials and victories for my good.
Remind me that one day, when the difficult days are over, I will sing the conqueror’s song!


NEXT STEPS
Repeat - Go sing this song again – let the lyrics inspire you to pray prayers of your own!
Meditate upon that lines that most apply to you.
Meditate upon verses that this hymn reminds you of. (Go look up Jer 2:11-13, Jonah 2:8; Mk 9:24)
Sing all day. Develop a practice of daily worship.  
Go share one of the most meaningful lines with a friend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment