Wednesday, January 20, 2010

christmas in gainesville

Yes I know it's been almost a month since Christmas. I have been planning to post the rest of our holiday for awhile but we had over 300 pictures from the days we were in Gainesville so I wanted to make cute picture collages to show a summary of our trip. However I am a not too picture savvy sometimes and couldn't figure out how to load pics into the collage. Zach just showed me (again) how to do it so I am ready now. yay for that :)

After our wonderful morning at home we went up to Gainesville, GA for the May/Lee family Christmas. Usually we all go to Charlotte for Zach's turn but they came down to us instead this year. That side of the family is pretty darn big and gets together a lot so it's very fun. I had a good time but honestly spent every afternoon waiting for people to wake up and or go down for a nap and most of the evening trying to figure out where to put Connor to sleep since we were having our meals and family time at the church fellowship hall. In and around sleeping schedules I got to play games, talk to the family and even got a lunch out without kids! Zach had plenty of quality time with his siblings and cousins doing all the activities mays love to do.

Out of us all though I think Micah had the best time. He LOVED playing with Zach's younger cousins which are his first cousins once removed. (I have no idea what they are removed from!) He had them all in the palm of his hand. They played with him, fetched his cars, talked and acted silly, drummed, chased, jumped, and ran. He even ate dinner with the 'big' boys at another table from us. It was so fun for us to watch but a little sad for my mama heart. I couldn't believe how old he seemed!


We were there for five days and were exhausted by the end but looking forward to the next gathering of the families this summer.





1 comment:

  1. Awww... I totally want to learn how to do a collage post. I can't tell you how glad I am that the picture of me bowling made it to the collage :)

    ReplyDelete