Thursday, January 14, 2010

just thinking

This has been a good week for thinking (or bad week depending on the topic my brain is concentrating on). Lots of goings on have been going on these past seven days that force your brain to stop and think. Some have been good, some have been bad and some are a little bit of both.

Micah started and finished potty training in about two days. That's a good thing. I was super scared to start the process because I just didn't know how he'd do and didn't want to add that stress in my life. He did so well though. After a couple hours he had the hang of it and just went with it. With this, however, came the realization that my baby is now a boy. This one act makes him a little boy. There is no baby left in him. Well he'll always be my baby so I guess I can still hang on to that.

My Granny passed away one week ago tonight/tomorrow. She had battled cancer for a year or more. By the end her body was only a shell of what it once was but her spirit had never changed. It's sad to lose someone close to you, even if you did expect it and almost pray for God to take someone home who was in pain. However, it's such a blessing to know where my Granny is and that there was no doubt in her mind where she was going to go. She was firm, and downright stubborn sometimes, in her thoughts and beliefs. No one was confused on where she stood. It made me think about my own beliefs. While I know what I believe and think, do others know. Am I firm enough, and downright stubborn enough, in them that people associate me with HIM? I sure will try to be now.

A country in this world God created was devastated by a HUGE earthquake. Tens of thousands of people died in a short amount time. Millions more have lost their homes or possessions or family members. I can't imagine dealing with a situation this horrific and pray I never have to. This makes you think...ALOT. The last few months God has opened my heart to missions, not to be a missionary but to pay attention to those who are. I would like to say a few years ago I would have been moved to help when this happened but there's a better chance that I avoided the news, conversations, etc. so that I couldn't feel the hurt it would cause. Praise the Lord that's not true and that it will only become more 'untrue' as time goes on.

So anyway. I've just been thinking lately. Thinking about my sweet boys, my great husband, the legacy we leave and the help we can be.

1 comment:

  1. Good post. Thinking is a missionary adventure in itself. You will do well in the "field."

    ReplyDelete