Sunday, October 31, 2010

peter pan goes to preschool

Friday was dress up day at Preschool. They were asked to dress up like a storybook character and bring a book along to share with the class. Though it was more like here's my costume now what book might match that!? Connor and I spent the whole day there helping out with the activities. There were reading rounds first where parents read the books aloud to the friends, then a visit to the church's pumpkin patch, followed by pizza and cupcakes, a quick stop at the playground and then trick or treating on the square in Covington.

I'm still trying to get to know the other parent's there. A lot of these kids have been attending the preschool since the one year old class so I feel like a definite 'newbie' and I've also never been good at conversation starting. However, as awkward as I might feel sometimes around 'strangers', Micah made me so proud. It just amazed me at how comfortable he was with all the other kids. I can still see the shy not wanting to intrude actions in certain situations but there was forever a smile on his face. Maybe I need to get some pointers from him :)

Micah and Connor waiting to go outside

Micah's and buddy Ben with their pumpkins.
They bonded the day they both wore cowboy boots to school!

A little laugh over Connor who threw all the pumpkins on the ground.

Sitting in his spot between two little ladies!

Getting candy on the square.

No comments:

Post a Comment