Monday, October 4, 2010

fire engine man

This week is Fire Prevention Week. At least that's one the people at Nancy Guinn Library said :) They were having an activity at the library today that included firetrucks so Micah was all about going. We got to the big room on the bottom floor for a story, songs and a craft. Connor had a good time watching but Micah pouted the majority of the time because he didn't get to hold a number for the 9-1-1 song.

When the firetrucks arrived we went outside to see one of the fireman put his whole suit on. Connor was not a fan of sitting down and watching because we were outside and sitting down is not what you do outside! After the demonstration they passed out fire helmets and badge stickers, which made two blond boys VERY HAPPY! Then we headed up to see the engines. Micah was excited about seeing them up close but he was pretty nervous about the chance of a siren going off. Thankfully they didn't so I didn't have any hysterical children to calm down! I couldn't convince Micah to get on the firetruck but he did have fun peeking under it.

Every time I visit the library with the boys my once upon a dream job of being a children's library surfaces again. I seriously can't think of many jobs better than reading books to kids and connecting them to life through literature. Maybe one day.










1 comment:

  1. I am very glad the sirens did not go off! Love that Micah pouted about not getting to hold a number...sounds like something Braden might do!
    Braden just taught me a firetruck song that he learned at his school- I in turn taught it to my class! Maybe Braden can teach it to Micah!

    ReplyDelete