Sunday, February 15, 2015

8


It's that time again.  Time to remember that much to my chagrin my babies just keep growing and getting older.  My sweet Micah May turned eight today and thus the days before and the days after this, the 15th, have been and will be spent with the mix of smiles and tears as I think about the cute baby this boy was and the amazing man he will grow to be.

Micah has grown so much this past year in not just his height but in his heart as well.  I have seen his love for reading blossom, his ability to play piano start, and his interest and skill in sports to spread beyond baseball.  However I have seen more than anything else a heart inside growing and a character that is becoming more Christ-like.

When parenting you start with this innocent babe who can do nothing on their own and you go through cute and challenging years with a two and three year old who changes moods as often as they change their minds and then you graduate into little boy years where the world opens immensely as they learn to read and learn nice potty jokes from their kindergarten buddies then at some point before you even realize it's happening, you're having heart to hearts about life and feelings, your discipline consists of talking and understanding and advice instead timeouts, and your son is bringing your husband, his father, books to read just to see what he thinks about them and you realize that God is showing you His work.  He is showing you that even now His Spirit is at work in the heart of your precious baby and you get to be a part of it.  You get to watch the way your son grows and you get to be used to make the growth.  

I know that this is just the beginning.  I know that the amount of ups and downs and the depths and heights that they will reach is unknowable.  But I also know that God has my son in his hands and I have full confidence that the work he has begun will be completed. 

Happy Birthday buddy!  We love you so much!
















No comments:

Post a Comment