Sunday, February 8, 2015

phone pic friday


Another round of fun and randomness from my phone...

I got to go to the bathroom with a bunch of naked mannequins in the back of a GAP.




Zach and I got to go on a date night with friends when my parents were in town and we went to The French Market in Locust Grove.  Very yummy and fun night.





There was a very cool store attached to the restaurant.




Our friends were running a bit late so we walked up the street to look around.  There was an old courtyard all chained up and every ounce of me wanted to rip the chains off so I could steal these doors!





 The February hymn from my calendar is another great one.  Jesus Lover of My Soul...





I haven't filed the boys' school papers and keepsakes in over a year so there was a huge pile in my craft room.  I started the process during rest time last Monday but still haven't had a chance to finish.  My guest room door has been shut since so I can just pretend the mess isn't there!





Keeping Logan entertained during his brother's basketball practice is not easy.





I'm going to be a vendor at a Spring Craft Market that my church is hosting to raise money for the mission teams trip to Romania so I have been hitting up the goodwill looking for frames and other things I can reinvent.  I just happened to be going too so all the money I make will go towards my trip as well.  This clock has a great metal frame that I'm hoping to make into a fun mirror.





I think Logan is going through a growth spurt because he has been a carline napper quite a few times recently.  It's nice having a quiet car occasionally :)





I finally sanded the last two drawers for Logan's dresser.  I sanded the other three months ago but got tired and didn't finish the last two.  I also started working on the bench that goes with our piano.  Small steps :)





Micah did an experiment for his health unit using egg shells covered in either water or vinegar to show how acid can cause damage to your teeth.  The eggshell in vinegar was gross and disengrated and floppy.  Yuck!





Found this on the boys' bathroom floor on my way to bed one night.  I just had to chuckle.





Side by side reading in bed.  Makes me smile :)





Here is the finished dresser, or whatever the official name for this piece of furniture is, in Logan's room.  This was a piece that was in the shed when we moved in and the landlords said we were welcome to it.  I already took the door off and made it into something else.  I painted it with Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint in Paris Gray and put an espresso stain on the drawers.  The knobs are vintage water faucet handles.  I love love love the way it turned out.  At some point I want Zach to add shelves to the opening for books or whatever other boy stuff needs storing.






My new google wallet card makes me feel quite trendy.




Oh my sweet sleepy baby boy.






Greek yogurt now comes whipped which just means come this summer there will be some yumminess in my freezer!





Connor did his Black History Month project on Hank Aaron.  I was so proud of how hard he worked on it.  




1 comment:

  1. That is so cool that you repurpose stuff like that! I'd love to see more before and afters.

    ReplyDelete